Canon Line Offset Noise

Started Oct 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
FZ20_Alff Regular Member • Posts: 105
Re: intreresting discussion but.....

Hi John,

I hate to say it, but if your goal was to show how easily it could be for Canon to make this particular noise problem dissapear, then I would have to say you have not fully succeeded.

It's one thing to take a totally black test image and manipulate the noise within. It's quite another to take that knowledge and show how it would improve a real world example.

Right now as far as anyone knows your suggestion and technique was not adopted by Canon because it could ruin other qualities of the photo. There is no way to tell based on what has been presented so far.

Sorry.

John Sheehy wrote:

FZ20_Alff wrote:

I'm with you on this one Bill. This conversation is very interesting. However, I get the impression very few people know how to convert this new knowledge into a practical solution a typical photographer can use.

The purpose of my starting this thread was to show how easily Canon could make this particular problem disappear. It was never meant to be a how-to for "typical photographers".

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow