Canon Line Offset Noise

Started Oct 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
kolas Regular Member • Posts: 463
It should work IMO

JimH wrote:

The question I've got is this:

Could a person come up with a good average value for these offsets for a given copy of the camera such that they'd be useful for other frames taken by the same camera?

I work in medical imaging field and exactly this is being done on digital X-ray detectors. A series of dark field and flat field (evenly exposed) images is taken to calibrate the detector for optimal results.

The medical "RAW converters" have been capable of correcting for uneven gains, barrell distortion and all kinds of artifacts and lens abberations quite some years ago. So the technology already exists and is developed to a great level of performance. I have seen some uncorrected images and could barely believe my eyes..

FYI most of the systems actually capture light, not X-rays, so the technology is very, very similar. One type of detectors is even based on optics and little CCD detectors, basically DSLR-size or MF-size sensors without Bayer RGB mask.

Btw. that is my dream, a dedicated BW DSLR, w/o the color filter array, with full luminance information in every pixel and ISO sensitivity shooting through the roof.
--
Marek
http://galerie.kolas.cz/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow