K-x Full size pictures from RAW with no noise reduction

Started Oct 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Devorama Regular Member • Posts: 129
K-x Full size pictures from RAW with no noise reduction

I posted earlier about my high ISO testing with the K-x compared to my K2000, but there were some problems with the testing, e.g. camera shake, soft focus. I've reshot the tests and posted the full sized jpegs processed from RAW with no noise reduction. I also posted 100% crops in an ISO Elevator style for easy comparison.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11899953@N02/sets/72157622477827457/

Pictures were taken with a tripod and 2 second timer with manual focus confirmed through live-view. The lens was a Zeiss Flektogon 50mm Pentacon 6 mount with a k-mount adapter. Aperture was F/8. My one flaw is that my ISO 100 shots probably should have been shot at 1.5sec instead of 1 sec. They are a half stop dimmer than the rest. Something must have fooled the metering on those.

Looking at the grey ISO elevator, I'm very pleased with how controlled the chroma noise is until ISO 6400 on the K-x. I found the chroma noise to be unacceptable at 1600 on my K2000, so I never shot ISO 1600. Shooting at ISO 3200 with my F/1.4 lens, I can get awesome indoor pictures with available light!

Devorama's gear list:Devorama's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony a7 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SSz
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow