Belt pouch for G11?

Started Oct 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
MarcosV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,359
Re: FWIW, I settled for a wrist strap & the Lowepro G-Res 10

http://www451oa wrote:

Thank you for the thoughts.

I looked at that wrist strap online. Considered it and decided against it. I had a hard time picturing myself using it. I'm sure it's comfortable. Have you used this style before? thoughts?

Yes, I've used this style before. The OpTech USA strap uses a thin cord to save bulk -- nearly as thin as the straps that Canon uses for the Elph series of P&S. But, it's definitely strong enough carry the weight of the G11 with a 580EX flash attached. The strap- has a loop that can optionally cinche the strap around your wrist. You don't need to do this normally, but, it's a great option, especially if you allow someone else to use the camera.

Instead I went with the Canon WS20. Ordered & should be in on 20 Oct. Aside from konwing it'd be a perfect fit, it is similar to others I've used. $15

Interesting strap. Definitely made to carry heavier cameras and so would be perfect for those who want extra security.

I hadn't checked out this bag yet, though looking online, seems a perfect size. Did you by chance compare it to the Apex 60? So far that seems to be my top contender. I'm looking for it to fit the camera, and have a small pocket for extra battery and to fit a few memory cards. Nothing very bulky.

Yes. I've looked at the Apex 60. To me, with battery, the Apex is a little bulkier than I wanted. It also uses a zipper instead of a flap and so would take a little extra time to get the camera in/out of the bag. However, the Apex 60 protects the camera better against the elements and has extra space to stuff in the strap. I haven't verified how it would look with a spare battery I do plan on buying a 2nd case for that purpose.

MarcosV's gear list:MarcosV's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +62 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow