Epson's new EVF--brave new world?

Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
rgmoore Senior Member • Posts: 2,340
Re: Epson's new EVF--brave new world?

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Pre-visualization, that is the issue!

So you like to compose in the viewfinder but base your exposure and processing decisions on the unprocessed view through the OVF? I can see that could be a problem with an EVF.

What I think you're missing, though, is the value of an EVF as a visualization aid. Instead of looking through the VF and imagining how the final picture will look, you can adjust your in-camera development controls and see in some detail how it will look. There are some obvious limitations. Nobody will be able to make those adjustments while shooting action photography, EVFs will need to get better color reproduction before they're really ready, and it would help if cameras gave faster access to picture controls. But I think that EVFs are going to be the preferred approach for slower shooting styles (like landscape) in the very near future.
--

As with all creative work, the craft must be adequate for the demands of expression. I am disturbed when I find craft relegated to inferior consideration; I believe that the euphoric involvement with subject or self is not sufficient to justify the making and display of photographic images. --Ansel Adams

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJN
BJL
wus
wus
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow