Intimidated by the SLR Guests???

Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
thesurfdog Senior Member • Posts: 1,581
Re: Intimidated by the SLR Guests???

Marques Lamont wrote:

thesurfdog wrote:

Twist a big white lens on and it somehow makes you a person to be respected. ROFL It's funny because people will tend to get out of the way if they see the 70-200 2.8L (or larger) but the 24-70 2.8L gets the most comments.

Very true. I guess it gets comments when people see it up close. From a distance, it looks like an ordinary lens. But up close, they see the monster lens hood.

That could be it. I ALWAYS use lens hoods,so that probably adds to the "drama" that is simply a walkaround lens...

Somehow, shooting with Quantums on a bracket and a Turbo battery with plenty of cords visible everywhere, turns some photogs into super photogs or something. To guests, I guess having Quantum means you're REALLY pro. The more cords, the better, especially if you have the Quantum earpiece in your ear. Then you're really doing it!

OH YEAH!!!! Cables & lights & hoods & bounce cards &...whatever. Some days I just feel bulletproof! ROFL

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow