Epson's new EVF--brave new world?

Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: Going out of your way to be negative?

firefox23508 wrote:

Not sure why you think they drain batteries so fast, I have a Panny G1, I use its EVF and I never turn off LCD. One battery lasts me almost all day of fairly constant shooting, I have an extra battery I carry and I think I used it once. I have never shot action photos, but for my casual people shots, landscapes, architectural shots, etc., I find the EVF better than an optical viewfinder right now, without advances in the next generations. Its big and bright, enlarges image for manual focusing which is far better for focusing than any of my old medium format cameras and non-auto focus SLRs. I realize others have different demands on equipment and one size doesn't fit all, but for a very many people, an EVF is a step up right now with current generation equipment. I remember I was leery about it until I tried it. I wonder how many OVF users who say they could never use an EVF have ever actually tried one out. I will bet not too many.

I've tried a G1, nice camera no question. AF is pretty good, EVF is good (but not so good in low light)

Another problem with the G1, is the burst shooting, you get a nice review of your shots whilst firing aways the frames, thus making tracking hard next to impossible.

Not knocking it now, nice concept..but I have to point out, G1 might be selling ok, it's not outselling it's traditional OVF DSLR rivals, even in the same price range. It appears, the world was not waiting for an EVF camera!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJN
BJL
wus
wus
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow