The forgotten E450...

Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lightsculpture New Member • Posts: 11
The forgotten E450...

With all the hype surrounding the new m4/3 cams, the E450 seems to have been forgotten...

Strictly speaking, the E450 is still the world's smallest dSLR. The m4/3 are not SLRs, they are EVIL.

I wonder if dpreview will post a review on this camera. I certainly hope they will not forget this great little camera.

Comparing its size to the G1/GH1, I realize that it is not that much bigger. In everyday usage scenarios, I do not think the difference in size/weight would make very significant differences. Since it has a good OVF and a fast phase detect AF, I think it is still a very very attractive camera when compared to the m4/3.

Since, Oly will not make any cameras to compete with the G1/GH1, I certainly hope Oly is not abandoning the attractive E4XX series.

BTW, when I looked at the review of E420 on dpreview, it seemed like the AA filter was causing some softness in output images. I wonder if Olympus changed the AA filter on the E450 and thus improving the resolution and sharpness of its images. Does anyone know?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow