All I Can Say Is............

Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: think like a businessman, not a photographer

Hi Thomas,

I think that for landscape work at typically low iso settings that any of the high megapixel bodies will deliver the results and each has their pros and cons. The only reason I opted for the 5DmkII was that I already had some L primes. The Sony A900 is in my opinion under estimated at low iso it has great image quality it is better built than the 5D and has a superb viewfinder. The D3x is the best in terms of low iso image quality, with the best build, best AF etc and from personal use in the 14-70 range Nikon has the best zooms and it you would have to spend a lot of money on Canon primes to match the performance the 14L is actually a little more expensive than the 14-24. So I honestly do not think you can go wrong with any of them the choice for me would be about my intended use and what lenses I would want
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Mel
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow