Any G10 and G11 owners.

Started Oct 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
Nicholas Ahlfs New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Any G10 and G11 owners.

My first "articulating" viewfinder was found on a Nikon Coolpix 4500, a 4 megapixel gem. After using it for a few weeks, I put my trusty Canon New F1 in its case, and have never used it again.

My next digital camera was a Sony DSC-R1, an SLR-sized camera with a superb Carl Zeiss fixed lens and a cmos 10.3 sensor. It takes fantastic photos, but it's just to big to travel and hike with.

So I added a compact Canon A 640 with its vari-angle viewfinder...this is an outstanding camera ! But it's not waterproof. It got dowsed on a fishing trip and never recovered. So now I'm looking at a replacement...and the G11 is at the top of the list. Why? Vari-angle viewfinder, great analog controls, compact size, and excellent photo quality.

I agree, the vari-angle feature doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like it because it lets the photographer be unobtrusive, especially when you're trying to take candid photos of people. I've found that putting a camera at eye level scares people, causing them to turn away. Keeping the camera at waist level doesn't in most cases.

The bottom line: for travel photography I want a high quality camera of compact size, sharp lens, and a vari-angle viewfinder. The G-11 fills the bill exactly.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow