Intimidated by the SLR Guests???

Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
lone_dingo Regular Member • Posts: 476
Re: Intimidated by the SLR Guests???

Vegasluvr wrote:

I have been to weddings where many of the guests had Canon EOS 1D Mark IIIs, Nikon pro digital SLRs and "L" lenses. I do not mind because I already charged the client my fee and they paid for my services already.

Many of my wedding clients associate with well to do families so seeing a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentleys and Roll Royces is no big deal any more. It is the same with camera equipment.

Even the guests children had some pretty nice Canon 40Ds and expensive lenses.

Yes...

I have a friend who painstakingly laboured away re-building an unlimited class speed boat powered by an aeroplane engine. It goes at speeds I never want to travel on water at but can he drive it that fast? Nope. He just likes owing it!

His wife asked me a few weeks ago if the new D3 Nikons I bought were the best there is. I told her no, there is a model above these that is better but I didn't think I could justify the price jump.

Last week she turned up for dinner with a brand new Nikon D3x and a lens I've lusted after for years but never had a justifiable use for and asked if I'd show her how it worked after dinner.

I'm still the one they call when they want photos of their boat!

I suppose for people who have lived most of their lives so busy making a living they never had time for much else... Buying $15,000 'toys' is wasteful but for those who have never and will never want for anything it's the only way they know.

It is absolutely true that an assassin with a .22 cal. pistol could kill a person with a single shot at some distance that many owners of a .45 cal pistols couldn't hit a barn wall at.

Just because someone has a camera doesn't mean it even works.

My youngest grandchild has one like that. She takes it everywhere pointing it at people and taking their photos. I get a real kick at the antics she gets people doing. One day they'll get a real shock when I put batteries in it!
--
Staying young is getting harder as I grow older.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow