Intimidated by the SLR Guests???

Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,284
As a wedding pro...

I don't care as long as they're not getting in my way or bending my ear too much.

A couple of weddings ago the groom's father had a 5D2/24-70L/430. Having it and knowing how to use it are two different things though. He was doing direct flash for everything, even during the ceremony. He didn't take any of the formals as he was in many of them. He was cool.

I had a bride put cards on all the tables at her wedding asking guests to email her some of the pictures they took during the day. 2 did (out of 422 that attended the wedding).

I can't get guests to 'mug' for the camera like the other guests can. Way too often I try and they'll turn their heads or run away from me! It's odd but it happens all th time. So many of those 'cute' candid shots had best be taken by family or guests as I'm never going to get them.

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow