S90 vs G11 at night with pics

Started Oct 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
Luciano Morpurgo Contributing Member • Posts: 710
Re: S90 vs G11 at night with pics

ebrandon wrote:

Did the cameras perform exactly the same? No. While all the comments above apply to both cameras equally we got a higher percentage of "keepers" with the G11 than the S90. This was mostly due to more blurred picures with the S90 which I attribute to three possible factors:

1. The S90 IS may be very slightly less effective than the G11 IS. Maybe.

2. The S90's smaller lighter body is slightly harder to hold steady and moves a little more when you press the shutter button

Excellent job again , thank you About the motion blur caused by the lighter body, have you tried to press the shutter button fully at once, without waiting for focus confirm? so once you pressed (and moved the camera because of that), the camera takes some time to focus and then it shots when it is already steady(er). Maybe if you're not sure of the focus, you can check it with half press, then once you're sure it will focus you let the shutter go, and then full press again?
Just my 2 cents, maybe I'll try with my G9
Luc
--
http://www.pbase.com/duca_v2

Luciano Morpurgo's gear list:Luciano Morpurgo's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow