Does pentax charge to callibrate lenses?

Started Oct 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
magomago Regular Member • Posts: 214
Does pentax charge to callibrate lenses?

So I've been engaged in a project recently. I am shooting a static object about 8 feet away. I was shooting around 36mm at f/8 and 1/60 on a tripod using 12 second shutter release. I noticed that my results are very blurred. It isn't a matter of peeping - even on the lcd review screen its clearly blurred so I know something is up because it shouldn't be blurred since I should have a decent DOF.

So I know there is an option with my k-20 to do micro adjusts on the focus. However, there seems to be a huge disagreement of what the best focus chart to use is. It seems, as a general consensus, that i should be shooting perpendicular to the lens and not at an angle. However, the exact focus chart is still not clear. Some say go with a single dot and nothing else around to throw off the AF system, others think otherwise.

Absent of knowing what to use, does Pentax charge for callibration for bodies under warranty and lenses not under warranty? Or will they do it for free if i simply send in pentax branded lenses? Orr can someone help me with doing it alone?

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow