LX3 on bicycle tour
I was very happy with the way the LX-3 preformed on my recent bicycle tour of Oregon. I kept the lens adapter ring on all the time with either a 46mm B+W UV filter or B+W polarizer to help protect the lens mechanism and lens from grim and rough handling.
I shot in the RAW format with the camera set on manual mode. I did find in processing the RAW images that I did not have the “headroom” or adjustment range I have come to appreciate with my D3 but with a proper exposure the quality of a LX-3 image was outstanding.
For those who are interested below is a link to my journal of the tour with images.
I would recommend the LX-3 to anyone needing a light weight compact camera that shoots RAW and has manual controls.
David L. Moore
Professional Photographic Services
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%