G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,360
perspective...

honeybadger wrote:

I'm bummed out. I sold my G10 to a friend in anticipation of getting a G11, but after viewing these sample pictures, they look like crap to me. They look like any $150 point and shoot at a low ISO. The pictures look thin, without that great resolving power of the G10, and it doesn't seem to handle highlights any better then a Kodak ding dong,

I suggest you go look at DPR's G10 samples gallery. Nothing too great looking there. All shots looks like they were taken from a P&S camera and lots of blown highlights. People sometimes remember/think of what they have or was in the past as being better than it was ("the good ol' days).

I would assume there's picture settings that can be adjusted for JPGs in-camera for things such as contrast, saturation, color tone, etc. to tweak on JPGs look.

Oh and by the way the G10's iso1600 looks pretty bad. iso3200 from the G11 is better. Remember the G11 is using a new sony sensor that has lower high iso noise that happens to be 10MP. It wasn't Canon's choice for the sensor to be 10, just the way it was. Next year this sensor updated might be 12MP. If you really need 15MP vs. 10 (not a big difference by the way) I suggest you get a 10 to 12MP dSLR because that will give you better resolution than a 15MP P&S camera.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow