G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
MarcosV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,359
I agree. Quality reviews takes time and we're impatient

nboyer wrote:

DPR do perform their reviews in both static and dynamic environments. These samples were put up quickly as a courtesy before the actual static review.

It takes time to learn a camera's characteristics and to figure out what one must do to get the most out of it. Then you'd compare it to other cameras that are also currently available to judge its relative merit.

I'm guessing that DPReview took the camera out for a spin, and is using that experience (along with trying out the other cameras) to figure out how to review it and the others. In the meantime, here's the first quick gallery of shots from a production camera; which is what you'd expect photography sites to want to do --- since the sites are sort of in competition with each other.

To me, people are impatient if they are using these shots as the basis to decide if camera A is better/worse than camera B. Aside from the photos, what about AF performance? How well does the camera meter in general? How good is the on-board processing vs. RAW? How easy is it to adjust EC? To manual focus?

Here's hoping DPReview puts out a review within a month vs. waiting two to three months...

MarcosV's gear list:MarcosV's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +62 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow