G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
dskater411 Junior Member • Posts: 32
Why dont we wait

This thread makes my stomach churn. Seems to be a 50/50 split on everyone thinking which is better for IQ and seems everybody is disappointed no matter what.

1. These 2 sample sets don't tell me enough to come to all the pixel peeping conclusions everyone is coming to. I specifically didn't see enough landscape and foliage shots and would like to.

2. The shots on canon's website look amazing. Especially the portrait of the woman shot with the G11 and noticably better than the s90 (although they were not the same location and probably shouldn't be compared.

3. Given most internals including the sensor are the same between the 2 cameras, the only difference is going to be the lense. Since the G11 is the bigger and more expensive camera, i find it more than likely the G11 will take better shots than the s90 although the margin could be tiny. We will have to wait to find out.

4. High ISOs look promising and that's what everyone has been demanding out of point and shoots for the last couple years. Now people think the low ISOs look bad? Again lets wait for more/better samples.

If you are trying to decide which of the 2 you want think along the lines of G11 has EVF, more zoon, and a swivel screen, S90 is smaller, and has cool control rings, and is a little cheaper. Which are more important to you because the IQ isnt going to be a whole lot different.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow