G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
nboyer Veteran Member • Posts: 5,135
Re: Different Methodology...

DPR do perform their reviews in both static and dynamic environments. These samples were put up quickly as a courtesy before the actual static review. I do not know of many people that go around and take shots of the same stuff over and over and only under the same weather conditions. I think it's healthy that DPR's sample images are dynamic. If you want static stuff, wait for the review. Cheers. -Norm

Master Yoda wrote:

Which is precisely why Jeff at DCResources only shoots the same subjects on similar bright sunshine days in order to at least "TRY" and render similar conditions and subjects. I love DPReview but the problem with their sample galleries is you really can't compare them to anything. I personally think it's unfair to any given camera to take it out in poor lighting and then hold up the images as samplings of what that camera does . . . only to take another camera out the next day in pristine conditions and do the same thing. The second camera will clearly have the advantage. There either should at least be an attempt to equalize conditions and shoot similar subjects or stick with studio controlled lighting of the same objects as is done in the detailed reviews.

nboyer's gear list:nboyer's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Canon PowerShot G7 X Leica X (Typ 113) Leica M8.2 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow