G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
SFJP Senior Member • Posts: 1,677
Re: A question about DPreview recent samples

To be more explicit: the Leica M9 samples or the G11 ones tell us these are not so good cameras (whatever the price gap between them), or that there is a flaw in the way the samples are taken (Phil still behind the viewfinder?). I don't know but I am waiting more about and clearly DPreview does not answer there my expectations.

JP

SFJP wrote:

I used to look a lot to DPreview sample galleries in the past to get an idea of potential IQ. DPreview has sold me in the past (to my benefit) to the Fuji 6900, the dRebel (D300), the Leica/panasonic Digilux 2, the canon 1DS II.

But recently I'm not following because the difficulty to compare shots taken in likely comparable conditions.

The pictures recently taken with the Leica M9 or the G11 are not speaking a lot (except negatively), because I have no point of comparison. At first glance, the Leica M9 pictures seem to obviously lack DR (dynamical range) and are globally too contrasty, and the G11 at low ISO seems to lack some resolution (while I do not see a big difference between 400 ISO shoots and 1600 ISO ones, which is good for high ISO, but does not tell a lot about the basic resolution of the combo lens + sensor).

I believe that sample shots should get a little more discipline in order to speak for themselves, without going to the dull examples of some other sites nor to any useless pixel peeping of some others....

My 2 cents....

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow