G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 21,109
But keep in mind the type and size of the sensor here...

As you've seen, most manufacturers are running rampant with putting out these high MP counts - from 10 - 12 MP's on 1/2.33" pinhead sensors. As a result, the DR, high ISO capabilities, and noise all factor in.

So it's nice to see that they are using a bigger sensor and whittling down the MP's to 10. As I said, this camera should do quite well.

But I do have to chuckle whenever quick samples are put up - especially if they've been taken in less than ideal outdoor conditions, and then some respond with the typical, "ah, horrible," or "I'm keeping my whatever," or better yet, "I'm jumping ship Canon." I'm sure in the coming months we'll see some absolutely fantastic image samples coming from the G11 (and S90 also). And I shoot with almost 70 different digicams and I see this on all forums - regardless of brand. So have patience.

But if you want to complain - like you said, "to each their own." Go for it - whine all you want. I'm enjoying it immensely.

-- hide signature --

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T2 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow