G11 samples are available at DPR

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
Greg Henry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,841
No reason to upgrade for me...

Well, I'll agree that the pics are among the better of point-and-shoot models out there today, and yes, the HIGH iso shots show marginal improvements over the G10. So for those who don't own a G-series, this would make a fine camera, for a G9/G10 owner such as myself, I see no reason at all to upgrade to this model.

Noise/artifact levels are too high even at base iso, there is no zoom during movie mode use, and the movies are still stuck at 640x480 instead of at least tossing it up to 720p resolution. The articulating LCD is a nice "bring-back" feature, but I can't justify spending $500 JUST for that, while the other features aren't improved.

I really think Canon designers/engineers need to actually be allowed to leave their 6x6 cubicles and walk with a camera amongst the living. Maybe then they'll appreciate what people are wanting in next generation models, instead of just sitting in front of a modeling program coming up with the next one, probably never having used one themselves. Sigh.

G10 is still nice, though. Heading out to appreciate it even more.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
kxp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow