i want to be come a wedding photographer - but how to start with?

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FiReDuCk Regular Member • Posts: 274
i want to be come a wedding photographer - but how to start with?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to change my professional from business manager to photographer as I'm in love with photography for many years - but i never made any move into that area in 1st place....

I'm thinking to do something like with Wedding or Portrait (family or child) - anyway I've got a basic camera Nikon D70 with Sb-800 but i'm not sure what camera should i upgrade to either D700 or D3 with the following kit?

D3 (for weather proof)
Sb-900
14-24mm 2.8
24-70mm 2.8
70-200mm 2.8
and 85mm 1.4
3x Scandisk 8gb

I think that pretty much cover all angles for the wedding/Portrait purpose, anyway I cant tell how good business for Wedding or Portrait in the UK? i don't want to spend money in wrong place at wrong time because of this bad recession - as you know above kits will cost me a around 7-8k - this whole idea is getting me really nervous but i really wanna do for living but i need your idea and support from time to time...

I've got a PC with photoshop and planing to buy Slideshow DVD (proshow)....i still i have to learn how to design photo coffee book (i still have a good eyes for design layout btw)

Does anybody know where i can go training club where i can learn all about wedding photography before i start doing real job...

I'm still wondering how can i advertisement myself for wedding photographer? what to expect 1-5 yr salary ?

I look forward to hear your reply
Regards

FiReDuCk's gear list:FiReDuCk's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Don
Don
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow