Will DPReview admit they need to eat some crow?

Started Sep 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
KALEL33 Senior Member • Posts: 2,797
Re: Yeah blame the marketing.

carlk wrote:

That is getting a little old don't you think?

You can also blame the marketing people at Intel for making fast iCore 7 or at Nissan for making the 3.5sec GT-R. These are nothing but tricks to sell more products. Is that what you're trying to say?

Thanks for bringing up Intel marketing. Intel used to push their speed of processors in mhz to get people to buy new computers. It didn't make much of a difference to increase the speed when there were many other factors that made a bigger difference. Have you noticed that they don't show the mhz speed anymore....because they are slower than when they pushed the speed. It was all marketing, more mhz meant better computers just like the camera marketing is MP equals better image quality. It's worked, people buy cameras all the time based on the number of MP because they think that's what dictates a better camera. Really, a vast majority of non-professional shooters need no more than 8MP. If I end up buying the 7D then I'll shoot at 10MP, I don't need anymore than that. I could still print a 16x20, even when cropped some, that looks great and nobody could look at it and say "I can tell you don't use all your MP".

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow