Will DPReview admit they need to eat some crow?

Started Sep 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
Wayndom Senior Member • Posts: 1,933
Re: Dunno?

carlk wrote:

It really got them a lot of uninformed followers who in turn will just parroting the > small pixel receives less light twisted logic.

While I agree with this thread in general, "small pixels receive less light" is not twisted logic, it's fact.

It's also fact that Canon has managed to overcome the difficulties with innovative technology like gapless microlenses.

I'm looking forward to getting a 50D (and if things go according to plan, a 7D also), but I'd still like to see Canon apply the new technology to lower pixel-count sensors. It seems to me that if Canon can make an 18-MP sensor with no more noise than last year's 10-MP sensor, then applying the same technology to the 10-MP sensor would enable it to shoot at still higher ISO's (as they apparently have done with the G11).

I suspect they don't do that only because they want the latest and greatest model to have the best specs overall, so they don't want to introduce a "step backward" that outperforms the flagship...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow