Will DPReview admit they need to eat some crow?

Started Sep 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
Adam2 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,450
So...

I want to see and more importantly use a production camera before passing judgements. Your assertions are ludicrous based on Canon's recent history. Let's take a look:

1dmkIII - AF problems. I bought two. Both were plagued with the dreaded AF issues. An absolute fiasco, IMHO one that Canon first denied and then reluctantly tried to fix.

5dmkII - Black dots. This camera was supposed to be the end all, at least that's what everyone said in pre-production. Then it was released with the same ho-hum AF, and everyone started noticing the dreaded black dots. Moreover many started complaining of having trouble with accurate skin tones (I can't verify this as I never sold my 5d).

I truly hope that the 7d lives up to the hype - it would save me thousands and I mean thousands of dollars over having to purchase a couple of 1dmkIV's (if and when they come out). So, I'm exercising caution and not drawing any conclusions until the cameras are out. Based on past experiences, I would advise you to do the same.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow