Will DPReview admit they need to eat some crow?

Started Sep 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 12,296
Re: Well its their site...

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Ultimately its their site, and they can review and pass judgement on Cameras however they see fit. Imaging resource have their review methodologies and dpr have theirs.

Very true. It's good there are now many alternatives as IMO this site is not the gold standard they once were.

My only beef with DPR is that their recent samples have been very poorly done, and seemingly not very representative of what is actually possible with the camera.

Again I agree. IMO DPR does not have a good photographic representation for detail captured in their examples. Sensors have surpased their old still life setup and methodologies. Their problem is that changing this would create a divide of which cameras could be compared. They can't go back and reshoot with all the old cameras. IMO IR's stills are much more comprehensive and useful.

I think its over the top to claim all sorts of conspiracies of Nikon favouritism, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

I don't think it's blatant but I do see subtle favoritism. I do remember a review from years back where Phil so much as confessed to a soft spot for Nikon and let on a bit of frustration with their inability to compete on sensors and IQ with Canon.

Bob
--
http://www.pbase.com/rwbaron

rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow