Leica pricing and surviving strategy
$7,000 for the M9, without any lens! I think that Leitz is not going to survive with this kind of pricing and strategy.
I think that they would improve their chances by adopting the strategy of the "electronic game console" makers (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony): sell the body as cheap as you can to reach critical mass and improve profits via the sale of lenses. Besides, the real strength of Leitz is not in the sensor or software but in the lenses.
If they could sell the body for $3,000 they should be able to generate larger unit and lens sales ,and have a chance.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%