af540gz flash stuck to k-20 : How can I remove it?

Started Sep 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
jamesm007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,663
Re: af540gz flash stuck to k-20 : How can I remove it?

Here is another problem (although I really enjoy my Pentax gear!) that Pentax needs to rid itself of. Yes this has been known for years. I bought a Pentax flash a couple years ago. Because its a wireless slave I put it on my tripod using my flash to tripod adapter. I have used this adapter on a cheap Ritz flash, and Kodak external flash unit no problems. I still use it. But the Pentax was a little hard going in and the flash to tripod adapter used a screw to tighten the flash foot in (on the side of the foot) to my horror one day a week or two latter my AF360 flash foot was cracking into bits. I returned it to Ritz cameras and got my money back. I went on a hunt and decided on the Promaster 7500EDF mainly because it has a metal foot. (I know the plastic saves the camera). I have had no problems with the Promaster or the cheap $35 Sunpak I bought from Ritz. I even just last week dropped my Promaster flash about 3' onto my living-room floor (with carpet) did not hurt it at all. I paid $230 for it at my local camera shop, its well built!

Now with that said, I love the features of the Pentax flash units, just as I love the features of the DA* with SDM but I won't buy one. Pentax needs to update its flash system for sure. I was thinking of buying one just to have one, but I am waiting in hopes they come out with a couple new flash units. That don't get stuck, don't have battery doors that break off, don't have weak feet that crack very easily even compared to a plastic foot SunPack... End of Rant
--
jamesm007,
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z77/jamesm700/
WSSA member 266PX

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow