af540gz flash stuck to k-20 : How can I remove it?

Started Sep 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
OP magomago Regular Member • Posts: 214
Re: af540gz flash stuck to k-20 : How can I remove it?

DarylK wrote:

I believe there is what I'll call a "thumb wheel" on your flash unit for loostening it from the camera. Make sure you've fully "untreaded" it to make sure the pin is pulled as far up as possible. You've probaby already done this, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Good luck.
--
DarylK

Thanks Daryl. I was aware of it and i double checked it multpile times. I did it once more after you mentioned it for good measure. I found a lot of people that have this problem. Poor pin design seems to be the issue.

With some luck I unscrewed the 4 (For some reason, mine only had three haha!) screws on the bottom of the flash. It took some effort because I had a stub of a screw and the torque wasn't enough. I ended up use a needle nose plier to hold the screw stub and turning it that way until it was loose enough for my fingers to take over the work.

I'm going to see how I should remove this pin. I don't want to superglue lest it gets loose again. This guy is responsible for my K100D's broken flash moutn and I'm not about to let it mess up my lovely K-20

I'll try to post pics to show the work and have a refence for anyone else who gets this...although I'd argue that the first thing one should do is remove the pin immediately lol...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow