af540gz flash stuck to k-20 : How can I remove it?

Started Sep 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
magomago Regular Member • Posts: 214
af540gz flash stuck to k-20 : How can I remove it?

A long time ago I posted that my af540gz flash got stuck to my k100d. The only way to remove it left my flash mount broken. I looked at what caused it and it appears there was this little pin on the underside that should retract as I pull back...but it didn't. I thought it was my fault the way I mounted the flash (perhaps I did it poorly?)

Well, I got my K-20 this weekend specifically because I wanted to do more studio type photography and I need to have a working flash. Anyways, this weekend I took my new cam to a gathering of friends and put on my flash onto the mount. Now this morning I tried to take it off...but it won't come off. It is stuck again. I feel like it is that little pin in there that isn't retracting.

Is there a special way to remove the flash I was preofrming before but am not doing now? I went through the manual and it doesn't mention anything. I really don't want to rip off the flash and mess up the flash mount leaving me with 2 availible-only light cameras.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas or will I have to send this to pentax? What I do know for sure if once I get this safely apart, I'm going to push in that little pin, and then solder it in locked into position so it can't come out anymore.

I know people have had the issue before, but I have no idea how you guys got around it...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow