Non- Minolta flash on D7i

Started Aug 28, 2002 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ronald King Forum Member • Posts: 71
Non- Minolta flash on D7i

First of all, let me say the Dimage 7i rocks! I've had mine for 11 days and so far I've been more pleased with it than I ever imagined. Coming from a Nikon 5000, this camera is so much more of a pleasure to use, I'm in digicam paradise! Now I have a slight dilema, I've been asked to do some family pictures this coming Friday and I will definately need an external flash for this event. I have a Nikon SB-26 flash that I used with my 5000, but I'm not sure what adaptor I need to mount it on the camera. I did a search on this forum and only found one thread on this topic and the FS-1100 was mentioned for using a non-Minolta flash. Can anyone tell me if this is what I need to mount my Nikon flash on the D7i? I understand I will have to use manual exposure mode on the camera and flash, that's fine, but I just need to be able to make the flash fire. I plan on getting the 5600 flash in the near future, but right now it's not in my budget, so I need to try and make due with what I have. Any insight that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated, I need to order something tomorrow to have it by Friday.

Thank you,

Ronald King

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow