SD780 ?

Started Aug 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dazco Senior Member • Posts: 1,794
SD780 ?

I decided to go back to canon after a few years with casio. Mainly because the casios i've had were great in most ways but it was always a pain to get good point and shoot pics. in other words, i had to play with settings to get a good pic. And because i couldn't tell if i got a good shot via the LCD, i had to wait till i got home and view them on PC to see if i got a good shot. So i often got home with no good shots even if i took a lot of them. In short what i'm saying here is that while it WAS capable of really good pics, it was a lot of work to get them and i often didn't get them.

That said, my last canon was a S400. With that camera i could point and shoot, no playing with any settings, just shoot. And most of the time i got a pic that was great. I have since always used my old S400 pics as the standard by which i compare other cameras. But the thing is, It had the ability to adjust itself at half shutter much better than my casios do. So my question is, how good is the SD780 at that? is it as good as the old S400 in that regard. And also, i recall the S400 being revered as the best elph as far as pic quality even long after many generations of elphs had come after it. Has canon finally gotten their sheet together and surpassed or at least equaled the pic quality of that old camera?

By the way, one of the reasons i like this elph is because of the HD video, which is something i need to have, as video is very important to me also.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow