G11 shutter delay

Started Aug 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
lxcellent Contributing Member • Posts: 764
Re: G11 shutter delay

It is much more than a nanosecond. It's more like 0.3 secs. Lest you think that is not a large amount of time, consider all of the stuff that happens in fractions of seconds? A groom's quick kiss on the cheek of his new bride, a gymnast flipping on a balance beam, a baseball bat making contact with the ball, etc. All these things have a much better chance of capturing without shutter lag. Even when you are reasonably good at anticipating events (which you have to be when you are getting paid for capturing moments that others cannot capture with their P&S digicams).

Have you ever shot with a DSLR? If so, I can't believe that you don't see shutter lag as a real problem. You really won't know what you are missing until you use a DSLR with its responsiveness.

I shoot events professionally. I use both a P&S and a DSLR - I see the difference first hand. It's not like we are making this stuff up.

I'd like to read your response as you do sound like you are writing from experience and not simply popping off because you own a digicam and need to defend your gear.

lxcellent's gear list:lxcellent's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS D30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow