Magenta edge tinging at high ISO and a possible solution...

Started Aug 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
jamesm007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,663
Re: Magenta edge tinging at high ISO and a possible solution...

A flashing light from a bluetooth is not a strong light source! Research it! Light can easly get into the chamber without the cover. I just did 3 different tests they all showed a higher histogram without the viewfinder cap. With a one second exposure the average lum level was 81 without the cap, with the cap the average was 78; this at one second, normal room light. I believe your testing methodology is not right some place. Make sure to disable auto WB as this will skew the results when exposing at this level. Make sure your RAW converter is not altering the pics. Yesterday I did even faster shutter times and the results where polluted when pixel peeping. All you need is a tiny bit of light at iso6400 for a fraction of a second to pollute the results. I could tell by the varies color pixels of the other poster that light had entered the chamber.

To eliminate the RAW converter do with JPEGS out of the camera and look at the results. Also please research it so you don't think this is an isolated case.

I will also post the one second RAW files so you can see how they pollute the results latter as I have time. Thanks for trying it yourself.

Here for more easily seen difference is a 3sec pic at iso6400 I pushed the Exposure up +4 and the brightness up +150 contrast was at 0, no other PP.

K20D no cap 3sec average Lum is 61

K20D with cap 3sec average Lum is 56

-- hide signature --
 jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow