What lens would you like to see introduced next by Sony?

Started Aug 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
jimb100 Senior Member • Posts: 1,292
Re: None

Sorry, my Sigma 100-300 F4 is far better in build quality and the IQ is much the same as the Sony G. And its constant f4.

I'm very happy with my Sigma 105 ex macro 2.8.

I've never used a Zeiss 24-70 zoom but I'm pretty happy with my Tamron 17-50 for a third the price. Perhaps if I was a working pro and shot with that lens everyday in all weathers and situations I might find it lasts longer but its not worth it for me.

I'm happy using the Tamron for short range and I have an old Minolta 100-200 4.5 that is in mint condition for when I don't want the bulk of the sigma or need the f4. A lot of the old Minolta glass is crap because its just loose and worn out but a well preserved copy, lightly used, is still an excellent lens, and usually under $100 for many of them.

I used to be annoyed that Sony had so many gaps in their line for APS-c cameras but there are enough lenses out there that fill the bill, at least for my needs.

Frankly, I haven't seen Sony come out with a lens that I can't find an equivalent for a heck of a lot less money.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow