$999 Full Frame Sony

Started Aug 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,878
$999 Full Frame Sony

Well, I was excited and ready to buy the new K7D until the new Sony rumors started. The A850 is a 24mp FF camera that is supposed to be less then $2000 brand new and there are numerous rumors about a low end $999 ff Sony. This will force Canon and Nikon to bring out affordable FF cameras that will take over the high end APS-C D300/50D market. At this point APS-C will be relegated to low end entry level cameras. APS-C cannot compete against FF. The writing on the wall is that FF is the future. Pentax only has a few FF lens, when this happens they will be years behind and will no longer be competitive. Pentax hedged their bets on APS-C and is going to loose unless they can rapidly bring FF lenses and a camera to market. If Hoya is not patient and willing to dump the necessary funds into Pentax to make it happen then Pentax will continue to loose money until Hoya decides that they can no longer sustain the losses. Then who knows what will happen.

At this point I just cannot see investing any more in what could be a dead or dead end system in a couple of years. I still might grab a K7 and 50-135mm, but I am really going to do the math and see if It might make more sense to just move on.

I suspect that there are others who are thinking the same thing. What will you do?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Iza
Iza
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow