What would complete the range for you?

Started Jul 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
What would complete the range for you?

So if the new 70-200 lives up to the quality of the other recent f2.8 zooms we will have a pretty stellar range of zoom lenses covering from 14mm up to 200mm add in the superb 200-400 {for the nature and sport gang} and you can get to from 14-400mm in a kit of four lenses which would take literally a barrow load of primes to beat or match from any maker. A couple of fast prime updates would complete the picture for me, I would like a 35 1.4 and maybe a tweak of the 85mm 1.4, add to the picture that in Nikon land we have the best cameras ultimate image quality {D3x} and the best noise performers {D3, D700} and arguably the best crop camera the D300 or new D300s.

As a wedding event/portrait photographer I added a Canon 5D and IDsMK2 with some of the fast L primes mainly due to better noise performance at the time {pre D3} and I just added a 5Dmk2 for fun use .A D700x or whatever it may be called and one or two primes and I feel Nikon would be unmatched and, though I very much enjoy the Canon primes {35L, 85L and my favourite 135L} It would be bye bye Canon, what do you think Nikon needs to complete the picture for you
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow