Are ET-83 and ET-86 hood interchangeable (for 70-200 2.8 IS)?
The number in the model name refers to the diameter of the bayonet mount, ET-83 is 83mm, ET-86 is 3mm larger. The IS version probably takes in a slightly wider view ahead of the IS elements, so needed a new wider hood. Canon made them unique so that the older ET-83 wouldn't be used on the new lens by mistake.
Nathan Yan wrote:
A quick question: the ET-83 hood is supposed to be for the 70-200 2.8 non-IS, and the ET-86 hood is for the 70-200 2.8 IS. From what I remember the lenses are pretty similar (size-wise) - are the hoods interchangeable?
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jul 29, 2009|
|Jul 30, 2009|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!