Evening in the Park with HX1

Started Jul 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 14,477
Evening in the Park with HX1

I took these on my way back from an evening tour of Alton Baker Park in Eugene. The first one is still catching the low sunlight, but it was just before sundown for the two I took from the Footbridge. I was still able to catch good video, after it was too dark for photos. A video-capture from HD video, is a solution to getting a presentable still-shot from the HX1, when the light is almost gone. For those who haven't seen this, here's a link to a Beaver Flick I shot about 15 minutes later, just before sunset, in a deeply-shaded streambed. http://www.vimeo.com/4726602

I used the Sony PMB program to Re-size and Save these photos, before I loaded them up to Flickr. I set the size at 1280 X 720 and the quality level at 6, which is the highest. This gives them improved sharpness, as it uses 50% more bits than the Flickr re-sizing process. By shooting them in the 16:9-aspect widescreen mode, the camera encoded them with 5 bits-per-pixel, compared to 4 bits with the 4:3-aspect mode.

Stephen McDonald's gear list:Stephen McDonald's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow