Im just getting started with this portraiture business but im on a bit of a budget.
So instead of getting a background holder for £100+, ive picked up a 7ft x 6ft heavy duty clothes rail for £33 (highly recommended btw!)
Now comes the issue of backgrounds. Ive looked at plenty of options so far, paper, vinyl, muslin. I dont like material because it creases, I have problems with spending £40-50 on a roll of paper, so the reusable vinyl seems quite appealing.
My question is how does the vinyl compare to paper/material backdrops? Are there problems with its reflectiveness? Id be looking to get a grey one.
Has anybody used vinyl flooring (ie, lino) as a background with any success? Its much cheaper, which is tempting!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%