D200 fEE message with aperture ring locked

Started Jun 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sluger020889 New Member • Posts: 5
D200 fEE message with aperture ring locked

Hello,

This morning I was shooting at the beach, after walking out of the cool condo into the hot and humid Florida air a good deal of condensation built up on my D200 and 300 F4 AF-S. This happens all the time in Florida so I wiped it up and kept on shooting. Shortly there after i began to receive the fEE error, even though the lens is locked at its minimum aperture and locked into the mount.

After further investigation I've come to find that all my lenses with an aperture ring (300 F4 AF-S and 50 1.8D) get the fEE error. My other AF-S lenses and my Sigma 10-20 HSM work just fine on my D200. The 300 F4 and the 50 1.8 also work perfectly fine on my D50 and have the full authority of its aperture range.

I've tried removing and re-attaching the lens without luck as well as cleaning the contacts with a lens cloth.

Is it possible that some of the condensation maybe fried a contact? Or is a more thorough cleaning needed?

Thanks,
Joey

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow