K7 Full review

Started Jun 19, 2009 | Discussions thread
Alan Granger
OP Alan Granger Contributing Member • Posts: 564
Re: Those are by far the worst images

Before I started this thread, I posted a comment about the grips for K10's and K20's and the mag over ss body in their user review section. They have not posted it.

The issue of underexposure can be annoying. However, as stated, above it does help prevent blown highlights, which suits me fine. Having shot and still do shoot slides I under expose them about the same as my K100 and K20 do. The fact that the LCD review shows them brighter is a non issue. The histogram should be turned on. I pay attention to the LCD review only to check framing.

I get very annoyed by all reviewers(includes DPR) of any more advanced camera making a big deal one way or the other about JPG performance. How many times have you read a reviewI suspect most purchasers of an advanced camera like the K7 of any manufacturer rarely shoot anything but RAW. IMO JPG performance should be good only on beginner cameras that offer scene modes. Although, on my Canon I shoot almost all JPG's since I'm shooting burst for sports and want to avoid buffer overload.

If this camera had been released by Canikon the price would have been much closer to $2000, than $1000.

I am looking forward to, I hope, some very positive reviews from all you early adopters.
--

Alan Granger's gear list:Alan Granger's gear list
Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yem
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow