Wait for D700x or buy 5dmkii?

Started Jun 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
Flat view
I_am_Ben Junior Member • Posts: 28
Wait for D700x or buy 5dmkii?

Guys im facing a dilemma. I finished my degree in photography and have a D80 with a tamron 17-50 f2.8 + 50mm f1.8 + sigma 10-20mm glass and sb800. Now im studying my master's in Film Production and i have to make a short film before the end of October. I can use the Uni's shitty Sony Z1p's which you cannot get any control over DOF. Or use a 16mm film bolex which will cost me about $2k in film stock and processing.

BUT i thought i can shoot this film and get great quality and control over DOF with the 5dmkii. I was going to sell all my Nikon gear and buy the 5d2 and glass but i was hoping just maybe the d700x will be released before i start my filming which will be around August-September. I have no problem waiting till than but i also have doubts too.
-If there is going to be such thing as a d700x with 24.5mp sensor.
-Will it have full 1080p at 24/25p
-Will it have full manual video controls. (a must for film work)
-Will it use a good codec like the H.264 and not the carpy motion jpeg.
-will it have a articulating lcd screen like D5000.

Or should just buy a 5d2. Dont forget i'll also be doing photos shoots as well.
What would be your advise ?


Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow