why a pro left Canon for Nikon

Started Jun 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: He will come back as many others had (nt)

Hi Bob

that is not true for the UK most popular lenses are priced so close form Canon and Nikon that the difference would not serve as an incentive either way, and as a bit of an irony the D3x the price of which seems to cause all sorts of moaning is actually a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than the older 1Ds MkIII, as a professional user of both systems I can say that neither provide equipment that will hinder the photographer greatly. Each system has its gems and quirks be it the unmatched Nikon 14-24 or the greatest lens bargain in Canon land {IMHO lol} the 70-200 f4 a simply fantastic lens for the money, whatever the obsessive’s on these forums would have everyone believes both systems deliver , stellar equipment and whilst any camera can have production issues on the whole i would be just as happy to use either system { though i do very much enjoy using both}
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow