why a pro left Canon for Nikon

Started Jun 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
Yamil R. Sued Veteran Member • Posts: 4,528
Re: Not a very good pro

Why is it wrong for anyone to blame a bad tool??

If it doesn't work for him, it doesn't!

I have tools that don't work for some situations and work great on others.

Now...... I didn't read his reason to switch, but......

It is his own choice, and his alone to make. If he decided to switch , because his previous gear didn't do what he wanted it to do, why is he wrong??

I'm not married to any brand, I have used them all, and I use what works for me. The day it stops doing what I want it to do, I get rid of it and get something else.

Ignoring problems because you are married to a brand is not such a good idea.

Every system, from DSLR's to Large Format have good points and Bad Points.

When I shot Large Format, I used Sinar and Horseman, they both had their good and bad points. The Sinar P2 I had was a great camera, the movements were fantastic and very repeatable, but it was heavy and hard to transport, so for location, I preferred the Horseman. It's all using the right tool for the right job.

My buddy, a sports shooter has a ton of Canon Gear 2 MKIII's and almost every lens form 15mm to the 400/2.8IS, and he also has two D3's and a 14-24. 24-70, 70-200, 200-400 and a 300/2.8. He uses both and like me, we both admit the pros oand the cons ove both systems. When we work together, we carry a ton of gear and switch back & forth with each other. We know what works and what doesn't.

I'm not going into details on what we like and what we don't, because I have already figured out that the fanboys here don't really care for what Pros have to say. I guess that being a fanboy has more power than 24 years of Professional Experience. But OTOH, sometime we know what we're saying, because we have done it or have dealt with it.

Y

Taikonaut wrote:

I don't know why people lsiten to these jumped up pros. Clearly this
pro is a poor craftsman blaming his tools.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow