A trip to Yosemite

Started May 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
David Nall
David Nall Forum Pro • Posts: 15,656
Re: A trip to Yosemite

adrian673 wrote:

Very nice photos David - I especially liked the valley floor shot
with the river in the foreground and what looks like El Capitan in
the distance - your Sony certainly delivered.

If I may pose a similar question to you that I asked of Jim - how
long does it take to reasonably cover Yosemite? - are the best
vantage points fairly close to the highway or would some
walking/hiking be required - camping doesn't really appeal given that
it's bear country! - but I may hire a motor caravan.
Would appreciate your thoughts.

Adrian.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackdaw123/

Thanks for the nice comment. Most of the shots I took were within eyesight of the road. If you are a hiker, you can make use of the many trails for a lot of different photo opportunities. If you can stay there for a couple of weeks, you will not run out of interesting sights or get bored with it. I just love the place. There is a nice day hike up to the top of Half Dome. I think I would probably prefer to take along something like my D50 or perhaps a D90 with just a couple of lenses or perhaps just my 18 200. It is a pretty exhausting hike. Be sure and make reservations way ahead of time if you plan to go with a motorhome. You seldom hear of anyone having problems with the bears as they keep the garbage cans covered with bear proof lids, and keep all food secure. I have been there many times and seldom see bears. I didn't do much hiking though, so perhaps more can be seen along the trails. The early Spring is the best time to see the falls in all their splendor, and will be all but dried up by fall. Hope you get to go. Dave
--
Visit my gallery at http://www.poperotzy.smugmug.com
There is a link for saving 5.OO on your own Smugmug account.

David Nall's gear list:David Nall's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow