Brief A330 Hands-On

Started May 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MPCat Senior Member • Posts: 1,611
Brief A330 Hands-On

As a former A350 owner, I was pretty excited when I noticed today that the Sony Style store in Hong Kong has the A330 on display.

My initial reaction...was pretty negative. The flip-screen has been totally redesigned...it's a lot harder to "open", and it feels cheapish. The new position of the click-wheel is awkward and unfamiliar...there are far less buttons on the body (something I didn't think about until I actually had it in my hand), which bothers me. The thing that confused me the most was that I simply could not find the AEL button.

The camera LOOKS nice, and it's definitely smaller...the GUI is fine. The new kit lens is nice-looking. Overall though, the entire thing felt very cheap and awkward. It's definitely not an ergonomic upgrade, at least in my opinion. Whereas the A300/350 had very obvious, straight-forward button layouts, the A330's is a bit compacted and mystifying.

I really only played with it for a few minutes, so I can't give an impression any more detailed than this. Suffice to say, I really did not like what I was holding. A shame.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
al.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow