TZ7 - My Experience after 2 Weeks (5 pics)

Started May 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Auster Pilot Senior Member • Posts: 1,198
TZ7 - My Experience after 2 Weeks (5 pics)

Having had the TZ7 for 2 weeks I thought it might be worth an update on how I feel about this camera now.

It's great.

Even in low light conditions it is so much better than my TZ3 which I loved to bits. Yes the NR still smudges underexposed foliage and grass, but the algorithm seems to have changed to make it much more acceptable to the eye. So much so that I rather like the painterly effect it creates in these areas.

I decided to put a set of web pages together of what I regard as my favourite TZ7 photos. As in one of my earlier comments on this camera, the extent of post processing I am doing is radically reduced and more or less limited to:

Correcting horizontal/vertical misalignments (the photographers's fault)
Cropping to improve composition
Slight curves/levels adjustment

I've pretty much stopped adjusting saturation (I'm usually using Standard Color Mode) and either limiting sharpening to minimum possible or not sharpening at all.

This is the link to my favourites:

http://neilsplace.dyndns.org/Panasonic%20TZ7%20Favourites/index.html

If asked I think my top 5 of those are:

The only problem I have with this camera is that my wife still hasn't seen it appear on the credit card bill!

Neil

-- hide signature --
 Auster Pilot's gear list:Auster Pilot's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fbx
fbx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow