Dynax 9: SSM upgrade available again!!!

Started Apr 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stevemark Regular Member • Posts: 400
Dynax 9: SSM upgrade available again!!!

Due to a close cooperation of many people - photographers as well as people from Sony, Konica-Minolta and Runtime Germany - the Dynax 9 SSM upgrade is available again! (sorry, German language ...)
http://www.mi-fo.de/forum/index.php?showtopic=23633

Basically Konica-Minolta has delivered their last 200 "Main ICs" capable of SSM, and Sony is delivering the necessary circuit boards (from their stock of replacement parts for the Dynax 9TI). Runtime Germany is doing the difficult work of replacing the main IC, assembling the parts and and modifying the Dynax 9's.

The price for the upgrade will be rather low EUR 200.-- (given the fact that Runtime technicians now have to modify the circuit boards themselves).

I was involved a tiny little bit in the discussions/negotiations, and I know that the issue finally went to the "highest level" at Sony DSLR responsibles in Japan. I am very happy that it was possible to find such a solution. In the future, the contacts established here may prove to be helpful for improving the entire Sony DSLR system.
Stephan

BTW see also the discussions going ot at dyxum!
--

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow